Important information regarding COVID-19 | Información importante sobre el Coronavirus
What to Do If Your Child Is Injured at School | Nourmand Legal | Accident Attorneys

What to Do If Your Child Is Injured at School

One of the biggest concerns parents have is that their child is involved in an accident and injured as a result. So when we choose a school for our children, we make sure it meets their academic needs, but we also put all our trust in teachers and administrators to take care of their well-being.

Schools, for their part, must comply with safety standards and a duty of care to ensure that children do not suffer any accidents while they are on their premises. During school hours, extracurricular activities, and even during bus transportation, school personnel is responsible for the safety of children.

We know that they must take care of their safety in terms of objects and activities that surround our children and that they also have to exercise close supervision at all times to ensure that things are going well and that there is no risk for them. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and several children have been injured while at school—some with minor injuries and others with permanent injuries.

Most of the accidents we see in schools tend to occur inside classrooms, hallways, and/or in the playground. And 55% of the time, these are due to falls, trips, and slips. Therefore, the school needs to ensure that there are no potential risks for children in both the walking areas and the playground. Any obstacle, cable, wet floor, and even backpacks can risk their safety and cause an accident.

As we mentioned earlier, supervision plays a crucial role in the safety of children during school hours. Because, unfortunately, children tend not to measure the risks of what they do and can hurt themselves or others in significant ways.

If you believe that your child was involved in an accident at school and that the cause was a lack of supervision or negligent behavior on the part of the school personnel, contact an attorney as soon as possible. Through a consultancy on your situation, a lawyer will guide you as to the process and steps you should take.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *